Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Cold Night in Murder CIty


If you like your summer reading cold and bleak (and I know you do), then there's some good news today. In the just released issue of Crimefactory, I have a new story that's a nasty slice of noir, a tale morally compromised officers of the law up to no good. It begins:

He said he needed to talk. I had to go outside for a cigarette break anyway, so we walked downstairs. Wet snow flurries pelted the sidewalks, and all the smokers wedged into a space just beside the front door to keep out of the wind. Graham motioned me away from the smoker’s nook, though. What he had to say was private. He didn’t want to say it around a bunch of cops.

I'm thrilled to be in this issue alongside some fine writers: Eric Beetner, Naomi Johnson, Jason Duke, and Pulp Serenade's own Cullen Gallagher. Crimefactory 3.5, available online and on Kindle. Check it out and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

Looking forward to that.

StephenD said...

Aces, Jake. That was a really good story.